2021 District B-3 Baseball Tournament
Hosted by Elkhorn Public Schools
*All games played at Elkhorn High School Field
Branched Oak, Crete, Elkhorn, Fairbury, Roncalli, Waverly
Dates and Times:
Thursday, May 6th – 5:00 pm: #4 Branched Oak v. #5 Fairbury
7:30 pm: #3 Roncalli v. #6 Crete
Friday, May 7th – 5:30 pm: Winner #4 vs. #5 v. #1 Elkhorn
7:30 pm: Winner #3 vs. #6 v. #2 Waverly
Saturday, May 8th – Final TBD
Site: Elkhorn High School 1401 Veterans Drive
Admission Prices: Adults-$5.00 Students-$4.00. NO PASSES WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR DISTRICT PLAY.
HOME TEAM: Teams with the highest seeds will be the HOME TEAM and occupy the 3rd base dugout.
TOBACCO RULE: During District and State competition, the use of smokeless tobacco by any participant is prohibited. If a participant or substitute is detected using smokeless tobacco during the competition, that individual shall be disqualified from further competition in that contest.
Elkhorn Public Schools is working collaboratively with the Omaha-Douglas County Health Department to create a Spectator Attendance Plan to ensure safe participation in Athletics & Student Activities. Our goal is to enable families to attend and watch their children perform. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding, and thank you in advance for honoring these parameters.
To help reduce the spread of Covid-19 we ask that all students and families attending events adhere to the following practices and recommendations:
- Self-screen before attending. If you feel ill, please do not attend.
- Wash hands frequently and properly social distance (at least 6ft).
- Family groups may sit together in less than the required physical distance, but six feet of distance should exist between groups.
- Face coverings will be required to attend any EPS event–both indoors and outside.
EPS Sport Guidelines:
- Students and coaches must complete a self-screening prior to coming onto school sites or participating in athletics.
- Do you have a fever higher than 100.4 F or, have you had to use fever-reducing medications (i.e. Tylenol®, Acetaminophen, Advil®, Ibuprofen) in the last 24 hours to control a fever higher than 100.4 F?
- Do you have unresolved or new onset shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Do you have new onset of sustained persistent nonproductive cough (a dry cough lasting longer than 24 hours)?
- Do you have new onset of loss of taste or smell?
- Do you have two or more of the following prolonged (symptom(s) lasting for longer than 24 hours) and unexplained (no other reasonable cause) symptoms?
- a) Sore throat
- b) Sustained (longer than 2 hours) chills or repeated shaking with chills
- c) Headache
- d) Muscle pain
- e) Congestion and/or runny nose
- f) Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Participants and coaches/sponsors are encouraged to wash hands frequently, at a minimum before and after practice. Hand sanitizer if handwashing is not feasible. Hand sanitizer will be readily available for use.
- Coaches are required to wear face covering at all times.
- Athletes are required to wear face coverings whenever possible, including any time when not in intense physical participation in practices and contests.